adbright

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

a few nice bits

a few nice bits

fiction
edward w pritchard

Brother Paul, of Beatles fame strung a few of those creative gems, nice bits he called them, together and it produced Abbey Road. Quite a masterpiece really.

Here's a few bits, fame and fortune blow winds, and string events and words and circumstances together, in a brew, I'll settle for just laying a small egg with my mediocrity, as long as it pays well.

Title 1
My Father's Sentiments

I awoke one morning and had acquired all the knowledge, experiences and sensations once contained by my now dead Father.

I could play the piano and violin, although I couldn't yesterday and likewise I knew all his WW2 experiences that he never would talk about. All of my Father's acquaintances, prejudices, likes and dislikes flooded through me. My own self was intact as well.

What to do, What to do. Where do I attack with my new awareness.

title 2
The learned woman

In desperation to earn a living a lady became a reader. She read aloud to people for a fee and it worked out well for her. It was all just grand.

Title 3
So much knowledge and no one listens

A tree develops consciousness and awareness but can't communicate.

The winds blow strong high up in the tree's branches and that is the focus of the tree's world but death is at the bottom, in the tree's roots and eventually the tree will have to deal with that fact.

title 6
Where is Mae

Where is Mae? It's urgent that I contact her. I hadn't thought of Mae in fifty years but as I lay here dying it was important that I find her and tell her what was happening to me. Mae, can you hear me, I need to tell you something. It's important.

Title 7
March 26th, 1967

March 26th, 1967, the Be-In, New York City
10,000 of us hippies fly kites, release balloons, without violence, and we burn bananas, as we chant and spell out Love laying on the ground next to our favorite girl. Did we change the world? We painted our faces with day glo paint; surely there is some permanent contributions for posterity from us publicizing the use of day glo paint at Be-ins.

end

No comments:

Post a Comment