adbright

Friday, November 4, 2011

DNA remnants

DNA remnants
fiction
edward w pritchard

It started when I moved into my Aunt Ferdinate's house, two months after Aunt Fertie died. I was embroiled in a probate battle with my Brother over my Aunt's estate, the turmoil mainly caused by my Brother's meddling wife. But I moved into the house all the same; my lawyer said to be bold, so I moved in despite the court dispute.

I was putting make-up on at a mirror in the upstairs bathroom when I felt Aunt Fertie standing behind me. Afraid to look straight into the mirror I whirled quickly. Of course no one was there. Later I threw away all of Aunt Fertie's personal items in the house. Hair spray and  half used bottles of shampoo were to me suspect as containing Aunt Fertie's DNA remnants.

Day by day as I live in Aunt Fertie's house I find myself taking on more and more of Aunt Fertie's characteristics and habits. Somehow I just know that Aunt Fertie's DNA still occupy my new home, and I know my Aunt's attributes are invading my person.

No comments:

Post a Comment