adbright

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

plagues cause fear, suffering and anguish-part 2

plagues cause fear, suffering and anguish-part 2

intense/ read with caution

fiction
edward w pritchard

The Flagellants went from village to village beating themselves and to support their activity beating others for money; to protect others from getting plague. To appease God's wrath.

To scare us older children to comply and not try to run away we were told terrible stories of the plague. It wasn't enough to be surrounded by plague's ravages we had to be threatened with even worse terrors. Me being terribly incorrigible I was threatened additionally. I was told my hand would be nailed to a fence post, like Jesus. Nailed to a fence post so I couldn't run away when the flagellants came to our village. It was for my own good. No one wanted me to die. It's for your own good to protect you from the invisible forces of evil that cause sickness and infection.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment