adbright

Thursday, June 19, 2014

don't enlighten me on secret messages in the Beatles songs to their ex girlfriends

don't enlighten me on secret messages in the Beatles songs to their ex girlfriends

fiction
Edward w Pritchard


I just like to hear the music; I'll come up with my own interpretations of what the message in the lyrics is or isn't in old Beatles songs that I like to listen to on you tube.

Ringo's girlfriends, John's early Cynthia, and of course patti boyd, Patti Boyd, PATTI BOYD bore and confuse me. I just want to hear the music without the psychological deciphering by business people on you tube trying to gleam subscribers from an apathetic generation of potential new Beatles fans.

Some of us grew up with the Beatles; first suave older Brothers, then hung over druggy cousins, and then reluctant gurus. May they rest in Peace or continue happy life.

One Beatle wife now gone that I really appreciated was Linda Mc Carthy. I went to the Youngstown Butler museum once to see her photography and was wowed by her talent, by her "eye" to see the world as a photographer. Sadly she is gone and so is her photography that once was displayed at the Youngstown museum of Art in it's own unique gallery.

Times change, the Beatles have aged and so have we. To some of us their music awakened parts of our consciousness that were only sleeping waiting for an unknown friend to jostle.


No comments:

Post a Comment