adbright

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

just let things unfold; the World is my idea after all

just let things unfold; the World is my idea after all

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

Just let things unfold; the World is my idea [1]  after all. What does it mean? Merely, take no offense when you call to wish someone Happy Birthday and they are irritated because they were in the middle of mowing the lawn an epic event in their World view. You have your perspective and everyone else has theirs.

Just Be. Others have their idiosyncrasies and hangups, I have customs and habits. The native speaker is always a tad sanctimonious with the foreigners attempts at communication. In baseball, Love  and politics cheer your candidate and Boo the rest in a timely fashion. After, continue elsewhere in silence.

Move about your world invisibly most of the time. Wouldn't it be nice to forget the past as it happened? As for the future I have came to grip with my mortality; after I am gone nothing will exist that I can influence or control.

[1] "the world is my idea" Schopenhauer's observation that reality moves from our brain outward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment