adbright

Friday, December 22, 2017

Dinner with a queen

Dinner with a queen

fiction
edward w pritchard


A King is a king until deposed or dead but the Queen is always the Queen.

Once at a fund raiser for a local University I had the opportunity for a few minutes to sit with a real Queen, Queen Noor of Jordan and to observe her behavior through a brief meal. Later the Queen was the guest speaker at the same fund raiser.  Like myself Queen Noor was born an American and was about my age. Queen Noor is a graduate of Princeton and a former CEO of pan American airways. She was married to the King of Jordan from 1978 until his death in 1999.

Also at the table with me that day at the table was my then real world wife, the most important woman in the world to me at the time. Briefly I had the opportunity to compare both Women.

A King is a king until dead or deposed but the Queen is always the Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment