adbright

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

off the grid strictly ethereally

off the grid strictly ethereally

fiction
edward w pritchard

The 2018 new year's resolution is to be off the grid strictly mentally ethereally.

Off the grid in mind and memory but still to pay the bills and live in this time and place where I am planted but to avoid the Yahoo miserable bad news de jure, America's obsession with wealth creation and unwholesome things mineral, vegetable or matter of fact.

As all my ventures I start mentally ethereally meaning, of and in the mind, but involving much walking and circumnavigation of nearby places in the continuous motion of mind and spirit.

First to Walden of the mind. Not the actual " Walden " of Thoreau where I once physically visited the auspicious Pond near Concord in a hard.driving all day Massachusetts rain and had revelation that I became resigned but glad that things in themselves as I experienced them would soon be competed.

Now my Walden of the mind is an inward journey to sit in a doorway with a dark hut behind me and a gentle wave-less pond ahead and across my gaze as I, myself in deep  reveries of cheerful delightful alone-ness contemplate past, eternity and tonight's next meal.

Then mentally out into the crowd and throngs of the world as In Poe's London and " the Man of the Crowd" walking, walking choosing one to follow rapidly unobserved through the back streets of the great cities of the world all in the Mind rapidly invisibly anonymous moving flowing following selecting, watching without speech,  without smile, judgment of the mind and pen.

To be deleted by the author once read following a healing breeze across the River of forgetfulness

as we "the invisible reader " sits in judgment

No comments:

Post a Comment