adbright

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

la jornada del Muerto

 la jornada del Muerto

fiction

edward w pritchard

Occasionally my dreams will allow me to take la jornado del Muerto [ the journey of a dead man]  in the White sands desert in New Mexico while I sleep. Once vacationing I visited and walked about the White Sands desert viewing the gypsum blown sand dunes and trudging across the ridges and dunes in the extreme heat. Unfortunately I missed the majesty of the Milky way galaxy at night in the desert as I left the National park before dark. 

Whatever part of myself there be which arranges dreams to present to mine self at night there is; it  is stingy with allowing me pleasurable dreams more than a few times. 

After we are dead and our self is no more what better place to spend eternity than walking about the White sands desert at night contemplating and admiring the night sky and Milky way galaxy as our feet sink into ten inches of warm sand as we dodge stickers and sharp objects. 



No comments:

Post a Comment