adbright

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

the dogma of the ghost in the machine made me mistake the hospital for a benevolent institution

 the dogma of the ghost in the machine made me mistake the hospital for a benevolent institution

fiction

edward w pritchard

It wasn't until I got a bevy of bills from groups of Medico's who didn't look in on me while I was recently in the hospital that the dogma of the ghost in the machine made me realize that for years I had mistaken the Hospital for a benevolent institution. 

Smiling I came to realize that John Lennon was right; we are all just f/ing peasants. For more confirmation please ready Carlo Levi's " Christ stopped in Eboli" description of the lives of peasants in Italy's region  of the South post WW2. In Levi's excellent novel neither the peasants or minor gentry can manfully survive the poverty and demise that evades their lives and the place they inhabit.  

Keep yourself doped with religion, sex and TV and if I may add to John Lenin's observations watch out for that ghost in the machine and don't get Old.


No comments:

Post a Comment