adbright

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Main Belt; two year job between Mars and Jupiter/ part 1

Main Belt; two year job between Mars and Jupiter

fiction
edward w pritchard

It's a lonely job but I could stand my life if it wasn't for my boss and it's meetings. All artificial intelligence units are perfectionists but my boss is the worse, GHE 900 series; the 900's are the biggest pains in the butts in the Solar system to work for.

GHE, it's a title of respect for artificial intelligence computers, decides each day what asteroids me and my two man crew are to pulverize. We destroy large asteroid that have a potential high probability of hitting earth, earth's moon or one of the moons of Jupiter or Saturn.

Pulverizing Asteroids is a lot like it sounds. You fire a laser and then duck.

The pay is fantastic here but now after seven months in this job I am not sure the job is worth the money. The old timers here told me. Ten years ago or more shifts were five or seven years long, my duty is for two years.  The old timers said it was the worse duty in the solar System. Worse than fighting pirates around the moons of Saturn.

I gotta run, my boss has called an impromptu meeting.
end part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment