adbright

Monday, July 23, 2012

music or the written word; God speaks on the value of a cover- a lesson for the levant/ draft 1t

music or the written word; God speaks on the value of a cover- a lesson for the Levant/ draft 1

fiction
edward w pritchard

God: Yes it's me. I have come to help you get this important story down right.

Author: I am nervous about this.

God: Your thought was correct about the Levant. The written word does not change or evolve and it leads to numerous intolerance's and miseries. That was not my intention. I helped them back then with ideas and then they wrote them down and now they fight rather than think. Over and over, more violence. I am tired of it.

Author: I don't know how to proceed

God: Start with Bill Monroe the musician

Author: He is the founder of bluegrass music

God: Yes, blue grass is enjoyable to hear. But after Bill Monroe's time was coming to an end, other artists took his inspiration and adapted it to more modern times.

Author: Like Marty Stewart

God: Yes a great musician but, he stayed close to Bill Monroe; I was thinking of for example's sake of using the Stray Cats and in particular Brian Setzer. Brian covered bluegrass. It was shocking to a blue grass traditionalist to see Brian with the weird hair and punky clothes but it worked. He admired the music and Brian Setzer, the artist  changed the format slightly, adopting  it to his audience. I enjoyed Stray Cats Foggy Mountain breakdown. The first time they performed it I was very pleased and delighted.

Author- I thought you always knew what was going to happen in every instance.
God: stay focused, no philosophy

Author - Ok let's talk about the Levant then.

God: My chosen lands

Author- That's controversial to say

God- I said it, I have my reasons, It's more than just Jerusalem you know.

Author- Ok

God- Fight, fight, fight they are really quite intolerant. It disrupts my plans.

Author- But they all think they are defending your written instructions.

God- [swears]for [My] sakes,
that was nearly three thousand years ago that those ideas they are defending were written down; nobody realizes that I have new plans for humanity.

Author- well what's to be done about it.

God- Rather than let them write my covenants and ideas down I should have made them sing them. Then with each new generations my instructions would subtly change to meet new times. Each generation would "cover" the original material.

Author-could you implement that now?

God- My time is at a premium. There are many things to do

Author: what can I do?

God- work on the story about how music can evolve and change with the times and how the written word tends to be static and leads to extremism and intolerance. Use whatever of your creative vehicles you wish. I just want to get the idea down.

Author- What if no one reads my work? [pause]
 Will you come back to check up on this?

God- [distracted] Sometimes my children in Turkey, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Egypt disappoint me.

Author- What about my country?

God- Your country should mind it's own business; they have enough problems of their own to deal with.

Author- [Hurt] I have never been to any of those places myself.

God- Sorry, maybe I will arrange for you to go over there sometime.

Author- Yes, God please help us, it's very confusing, everyone everywhere so quotes you selectively and judgmentally to defend their vested interests.

God- As I have said to many others, I gave you reason, use it to chip away at the problem.

Author- Ok

God- that's enough for today; get some exercise and see some people. I will talk to you while you sleep later.

Author- I was thinking of using my idea of "Dora drifting through space" or "Artificial Intelligence" reinterpeting God's commandments to get your message across that reliance on the written word of God as interpeted by men causes intollerance and strife.

God- work out your ideas and you can show me your work later.
end











No comments:

Post a Comment