adbright

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Macyn Taylor singer and guitarist; ambient and entrophic

Macyn Taylor singer and guitarist; ambient and entrophic

fiction
edward w pritchard

I heard something new on you tube by Macyn Taylor who I wrote about a few years ago,[ below], which I enjoyed. Macyn Taylor stands in an old vacant building and plays " Billie Jean" on guitar. She is a talented guitar player and her style has matured. Too bad she doesn't sing in the you tube piece as she has an intriguing  voice as well. Check out Macyn Taylor on you tube play " Billie Jean on guitar.

So many musicians are so talented yet most fade from memory eventually forgotten. But once they made beautiful music. In their youth they pick up ambient influences from the environment and through inspiration and perspiration develop their unique talent and eventually with the distractions of life their talent becomes personal and secret. Hopefully that's not the case with Macyn Taylor who is a talented artist. May her music gift not fall to the practical necessities of life.

Like the forgotten great black blues artists Macyn Taylor has a gift of musical genius, Hope to hear more from her soon.





God given talent; Macyn Taylor

fiction
Edward w Pritchard


You tube is an ideal place to display God given talent before it moves on to another area of life. Case in point Macyn Taylor playing "I Get the Blues When It Rains" on you tube.

I was fortunate enough once to hear " I get the blues when it rains" preformed on a long rainy afternoon in the Quarter in New Orleans. I haven't heard the song since, but as I remember things it was Kuumba Williams I heard singing at a club in New Orleans.

Skipping about you tube the other day I came across a cover by Macyn Taylor of "I get the blues when it rains". I enjoyed Macyn Taylor's performance and guitar playing immensely.

Technical production wasn't top notch in the you tube production I watched, it never is.  A baby ran about the set and one suspects that Macyn Taylor has macaroni boiling on the stove in the kitchen but the music, but the music.

Where does such talent come from? Macyn Taylor looks like just another pretty girl one would see walking about the local University campus. However her guitar playing is so enjoyable to listen to. Her voice is just authentic, nothing more needed.

Check out Macyn Taylor on you tube, if she wants to she is going places  as a singer although one suspects she will excel at whatever she chooses to do with her life.

Listen to Macyn Taylor sing on you tube; it's almost as good as sitting at a small table in a club in New Orleans on a long rainy afternoon hearing the song " I get the blues when it rains" for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment