adbright

Sunday, September 6, 2015

spiders on a train

spiders on a train

fiction
edward w pritchard

As our train curves around the long Mountain pass, looking out my window seat I can see clear back to the rear car and I have become aware that spiders are insidiously working the way through the long train up toward the dining cars several cars toward the front from where I repose here on my bunk.

My conductor is so busy in his work I hate to interrupt him with the news of the spiders invading our train. Still he must always see to the welfare of the the passengers assigned to him and an invasion of spiders could easily ruin a good voyage across the scenic Mountains and plains of our Homeland.

Perhaps I shall wait until after my postprandial cigar to discuss my observation about the invading spiders with the Conductor and his staff. The passengers are bound to be upset but whatever their plans and ambitions they will eventually find out about the invasion of the spiders that are destined to interrupt everyone's journey whatever car they travel in here on the Train.

No comments:

Post a Comment