adbright

Sunday, September 13, 2015

nowhere by train

nowhere by train

fiction
edward w pritchard


I'll leave others to take time's winged chariot, I want to go anywhere by train. If the train's six hours behind schedule I don't care; give me a window seat in tourist class and I'll pass the time dreaming I was in a sleeper car watching a beautiful woman spending hours and hours getting made up and dressed to take her clothes off.

I wonder if they have a train yet that run's along the steep ocean cliffs across the cinque terre  in Italy? I'll put up with the gangs of gypsy children pickpockets in the train stations of Italy if they ever run an ocean front train from Genoa to Ligorno. I'll even pay dining car prices for so so Italian train food.

If I do take a scenic train journey in Italy no Frecciasrossa high speed trains for me. I'll rumble along on the local across the hill towns miles and miles away from the tourists and I won't even debark to see the great art in the World's finest museums and churches.

Even if I don't get to go nowhere by train anymore an Amtrac run of old 48 Cleveland to Chicago is Heaven to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment