adbright

Monday, April 26, 2010

the father son combination

the father son combination

fiction
edward w pritchard

I had known the Father as an expert in the nuances of the arcane art of finance. The Father was honest and sincere and through diligence and perseverance had became successful at advising someone on investing their money and then surgically removing a few quarters or a few quarters of per cent age from the clients money piles slowly over time.

I needed to talk to the Father about some voodoo aspect of the stock market and I couldn't get through to him. It was just the three of them, the Father, his son and their "girl", she answered the phones and executed the orders with the back office over on one of the moons of Saturn. Actually Saturn was the home office, for this Father/son office was just a production office, sales only now, the real stock brokerage having moved three or four times and now being in North Carolina, I was exaggerating a little about Saturn. I exaggerated because I might have been transferred to Saturn when trying to call the home office recently.

Bright and early one Monday morning I got a return phone call about my original question that I had eventually left with the girl for the Father. It was the son Walter calling. Young Walter, recently graduated from University. It was the same State College in our hometown that I had modestly attended and graduated from. Now however, our local institution had acquired the status and prestige of Harvard, or Oxford over in England. The son told me at the beginning of our conversation to establish his credentials.

Walter felt, and Dad confirmed that we were in a prolonged bull phase, just starting that would take the Dow to 16, 000 [ now at 11,000]. The market moved in 23 phases he explained, Fibonacci calibrated, influenced by the weather in Pisa, Italy [ Fibonacci hometown] and we were now in phase 2 and the next five steps would be sharply up and it was a good time, no a precipitous time, to top off ones portfolio with some classic blue chips stocks.

Walter, the son had a list that he and Dad had painstakingly compiled. After hemming and hawing, trying to protect the valuable intellectual property of the entire list he gave me the first four secret companies, proprietary to their local office of the mighty stock brokerage from North Carolina. I waited as Walter took the list from the office vault. The four companies, newly emerging into an explosive bull pattern, posed for rocketing exponential bull growth, but still having their required standard blue chip stability ratings were:

Pepsi Coke, McDonald's and Wal Mart.

Walter gasped and said they were going to rise through the next 7 to 9 Fibonacci cycles and then and this was normal, to be expected, and no cause for panic or alarm, would pull back approximately 4 per cent sometime either two years from now, June 23 or as late as July 8th, it was difficult to be precise because the actions of the Federal reserve were a wild card.

I took my leave of young Walter, by phone that is, and later went over to the Country Club. I am not a member but found Walter's Dad there and the Father even bought me a drink as he answered my question about the tax implications of dividend withdrawals. I didn't mention anything to him about Walter who was now summarily manning the phones as Dad sat at the Country club this Tuesday morning.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment