adbright

Sunday, April 4, 2010

God's Son

God's Son


Please read first Local Travel with Imaginary or Dead Characters from History

For Easter 2010

fiction
edward w pritchard

Jesus was way different when I met him face to face. Someone who has been built up like that often is different when you get to know them; even if just for a few minutes like it was when God introduced me to his Son. God and I were rushing to get the fish and bread into the baskets and outside of normal time so I didn't get a chance to talk with Jesus at all, just observe the two of them interacting during the mini crisis of feeding the multitudes.

Jesus was very busy at the time. Those Jewish people really were very hungry. Although the Jewish people weren't the only ones hungry, for in the audience were lots of people of other backgrounds that day. Imagine going to hear a famous speaker without eating first or bringing anything with you to eat or drink. There really were thousands and thousands of them and they just showed up, they were in awe, awaiting something just beyond their reach and comprehension. Apparently not even the women had thought to prepare and bring food or water. It was not just a matter of lack of money, many of the people were so eager to hear Jesus preach, that they had not thought ahead, not even for food for the children.

Andrew had noticed the one boy preparing to eat and thought of the others. There was no money or time to buy proper provisions and Jesus' back was to the wall so to speak so Jesus preformed a miracle and promised to feed 5,000 from one fish and one loaf of bread. However, not even God can create something from nothing and the only way to get the food to them, there at the Lake, near Bethsaida, was for God to secure the fish and bread. Because of pressing time constraints the only way to quickly get the food to the hungry multitudes was for God to get involved and handle it himself while his son prepared to preach.

In a nutshell God had been driving a car along a road near my hometown in Akron, Ohio, and this happened now in my own time, and God's car broke down and I stopped to assist him. God asked me to help him with carrying and distributing the fish and bread. Only God can act outside of time, coming and going through history as necessary. While I was with him I could temporarily do so as well. We went back to that time period. I met Jesus only briefly and Andrew the disciple; and God and I working outside of time went into a nearby town and purchased the fish and bread and everyone quickly filled the baskets. Then I was back in my own time and place with only a fading brief memory of meeting God and his Son.

Today is Easter 2010 and I have been thinking of God and his son.

Even God can't create something from nothing please do your part by remaining faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment