adbright

Thursday, June 10, 2010

paintball tragedy/oil spill part 2

paintball tragedy/oil spill part 2

fiction
edward w pritchard

I hate to cheat people, always have. I stopped at a house that hadn't burned and a woman was living there. She was cleaning the house just like people used to do as if nothing had happened. She wanted to buy my cell phone.

I tried to explain to her that sunspots caused the volcanic eruptions that drove the original oil storms but she wouldn't listen. Common wisdom is electronic communications will take years and years to return. She had to have the cell phone. She gave me three bottles of water. The battery in the cell is worth something; but uncontaminated water is already pretty much priceless.

I was stupid. I should have asked my oldest son to see my other son for me over at Kent State. I guess I wasn't thinking clearly when I saw my oldest son. I have been stressed from the state of nature like everyone else. I'll just have to get to Kent State after I see my other son and daughter. I worry about my son over there because the campus has to be unstable with the changes caused by the oil storm.

No sense thinking or worrying anymore. It's beautiful as I walk down through this area. No one is outside. Most of the houses are gone and the farms down through here look like they were painted by Dr. Seuss to look like something out of Alice in wonderland. The colors are surrealistic and I like that. I have water and food and we haven't had a paintball storm in three or four hours. Life's not all that bad today.
end part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment