adbright

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Willie tucker's blues

willie tucker's blues

fiction
edward w pritchard

see 10 year sentence part one through finale

Class you will have a substitute tomorrow as I will be taking my daughter to the ear Doctor. I expect you all to be on your best behavior and portray a positive image of Seiberling Junior High. Read and enjoy Willie Tucker's blues on the worksheet and then write a short poem [at least 5 lines] yourself. Notice and feel how Mr. Tucker reacted to the isolation on the moons of Jupiter and how it effected his art.
Miss Donaldson

Ten year sentence
Willie Tucker

I didn't cheat so I was cheated
I didn't meet so I wasn't met
exposed to invisible forces
I lost my reason, driven irrational
I didn't think, trying to feel
I didn't understand, chased by dreams
I hid from my myself, then I died
alone, crushed by volcano's
nature's vindicator, volcano's and
nature ended abruptly my
Two and a half years of a ten year sentence
on Jupiter's inconsequential moons.
Remnants of me pulverized into dust
properly mixed with Europa's primordial debris
shot into orbit around Jupiter
conscious, but no longer moribund
I circle the planet and long to decay my orbit
and drift toward earth
and fertilize the rain forests and lotus ponds
and briefly re-bloom as a red and yellow water lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment