adbright

Monday, June 7, 2010

ten year sentence part 2

ten year sentence part 2

fiction
edward w pritchard

It's morning now and the things I wrote yesterday on my day off make me seem a little off. I was just lonely. Today I am starting off with grapefruit I won in a poker game. It's worth $75 here and I am having it for breakfast today with real sugar.

Sharon would never leave me. We have a plan. Ten years, 8 to go, I will only be twenty nine then and I will have made as much as most people make in thirty or forty years if they have a good steady job, which who does anymore back on earth.

I drive a loader here. It's difficult work because of the gravity from Jupiter. Ten hours on and then 8 off and then ten on for 6 days. Then 24 earth hours off. On my break today I am going to write down the blues song I composed last night. I now have written four songs. Some of the others guys say they are pretty good. The company doesn't mind blues as long as they are not political or anti management.

Today I broke a blade. That not good. Sometimes we have to pay half. My supervisor will let me know tomorrow. Jupiter is beautiful today. I can see the storms on the surface. Sometimes I feel like I can tell when a storm is going to happen on Jupiter based on the color of the sky. It's has a strange pinkish glow to the east today.
end part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment