adbright

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

ten year sentence part 3

ten year sentence part 3

fiction
edward w pritchard

Things come out different than you expect. I didn't have to pay half for the broken blade. It was not properly maintained. Titanium here is effected by the gravity of Jupiter like everything else and the blade was past it's useful life.

While I was at the hearing I was asked to work on the water project. Top secret but it involves digging a long underground tunnel to bring water from the source to here at the base. The pay is better and it would get me out of here for a while. Maximum term is six months because of the winds which they say effect the nervous system. I said I was interested if the money was right.

While at the hearing the investigator gave me a whole pad of paper. That's very valuable. I told him I like Delta blues and he just gave me the paper and said I should write a song about what it's like here. He has been here seven years and he told me he didn't know if he would be able to finish his ten.
end part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment