adbright

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

a proper cheap shirt

a proper cheap shirt

fiction
edward w pritchard

I shop at the local deep deep discount store for a new proper cheap shirt for Summer.
I shouldn't expect too much for less than 4 dollars,; but as usual I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of the offerings at less than five dollars for a shirt.

Shopping carefully I narrow down the shopping to two choices of a similar shirt one from Pakistan and one from Vietnam. Both have consistent workmanship in shirts, as I know from past purchases, and both compare with the more expensive shirts made in India or and I am going back a few years in my purchasing ability, both compare favorably with fine purchases I made previously from shirts made in the hill towns of Italy.

At last the choice becomes a political one for quality is very similar and price is identical at $3.99. Color is mauroon with my preference giving a very slight edge to the Pakistany shirt which is a lighter shade of mauroon.

Vietnam was the enemy of my youth of our country. At least half an enemy. Pakistan is the scene of fighting now however, we are chasing our enemies there, but I am not sure why or who the enemies are.

In the end, I choose the nearly identical shirt from Pakistan based on color preference and am thankful that they took time out from the fighting and running over there to make an excellent shirt for $3.99.

Thankfully i never got to go to Vietnam as a young man but I would love to go now. Hopefully, our young men now will come home from Pakistan soon, although it is a lovely Country and as I said they make a quality shirt for $3.99. Maybe if the fighting stops I can someday go to Pakistan if I ever come into money again.

No comments:

Post a Comment