adbright

Thursday, September 30, 2010

America puts its best foot forward

America puts its best foot forward

fiction
edward w pritchard

Less I appear unpatriotic, for I love my Country let me praise it.

I have traveled to a few places and met the sophisticated citizens of Paris, France and Madrid, Spain and London, England. All three believe their culture to be superior to ours here in America.

True or false- I know not. I can no longer afford to go back there to recheck. However this I know. Although we may lose the edge in some areas, or have never had it in others compared to those Europeans; in one mundane category America far excels their achievements.

I talk of beer. America now makes the most drinkable beer in the world in my opinion. Speaking only of taste and enjoyment, without snob appeal, American beer companies make and distribute the finest low cost beers in the world. Cold and drinkable, readily available and affordable American light beers and modestly priced premiums are the world's best.

At least that's what I think and although I stand ready to be convinced otherwise, I doubt that I change my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment