adbright

Sunday, September 19, 2010

suffering or anxiety

suffering or anxiety

fiction
edward w pritchard

There's a nice party of those you love and you are very happy. However, after, you are anxious, fretting that those who are close to you will be unable to return or be present next time.

Likewise, one of your loved ones is missing and you suffer that they are not at the party and are fearful for their safety in their absence.

Suffering is caused by desires. In this case our desire for the safety and closeness of those we love. Impermanence is the state of all things in the universe.

I get it Mr. Buddha, you were wise. Now that I have read and heard what you said, intellectualized and thought on what you said, experienced what you said in the sad corners of my heart, what do I do about it. I have now properly internalized the sensations and understand the temporalality of apparent reality.

I suffer, I am anxious, I desire for things to be otherwise than what they are.

What next? Where do I go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment