adbright

Monday, April 18, 2011

It takes a while to get a new business going

It takes a while to get a new business going

fiction
edward w pritchard

It takes a while to get a new business going. It's expensive too.

I had to buy all the tools. It takes a lot of tools to take a car completely apart. Then there are the jacks and stands to hold the car safely up so it can be thoroughly inspected and worked under.

I rented space over at Crowley's, heat and electricity is included in the rent. But there are other incidentals; for instance a water cooler and coat racks for the guys and my desk and business forms, that type of things. Pencils and pens and daily planners and receipts for cash payments had to be bought too.

Once we get the car completely broken down you don't just reach down and grab the golden Gila monster and not every car has a golden Gila monster hiding in the works somewhere. Even if you find one you have to properly cage the golden Gila monster and we still have to put the car back together. Don't forget the owners commission. Then there's the middle man commission on the sale of the Gila monsters and the taxes and other fees and incidentals.

I just need a little more time. I know I can get this business up and running, and make a good profit. I don't want to get rich. It's a public service, a calling. Golden Gila monsters crawl into cars because it's warm, if they are not properly removed they die in a tail pipe or under the radiator. What a mess. I just want to make a good living for me and my employees removing Golden Gila monsters from automobiles and provide a needed public service.

Just give me a little more time.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment