adbright

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Jesus talks on marketing

Jesus talks on marketing

fiction
edward w pritchard

It's surreal down here where Tennessee, North Carolina, and Southern Virginia come together. Cherokee territory, the Indians who hid in the Mountains to survive the trail of tears. Allegheny mountain folks, different than others. It's hard to sell real estate here anymore; everyone wants to be and go somewhere else.

That's my line commercial real estate sales, for forty years. Since I was eighteen. I drive around a lot looking for listings. I know most everyone down here. I stopped at the closed High Hat diner as I drove by because a young man was cleaning up the yard and property. After talking to him for a while I found out he is Jesus, Jesus come back to earth for a while. He is preparing for some things he said, he is not at liberty to tell why just yet.

Jesus wants to use sweat equity to buy the High Hat Diner. I have put a deal together and I am now on my way to present it to Watkins Burrows over in Marion, Virginia, the owner of several gas stations and restaurants down here. It's not a strong deal. Little cash, none actually going in from the buyer and several months of no rent payments until the new place gets going. Jesus says present the deal  to Mr. Burrows; Jesus says when he reopens the New High Hat diner and announces his new business plan people from all over the three State area here will come to him. Sounds unlikely to me, but I am bound by my code of ethics to present all deals. It would be nice to get a fine restaurant going again back in the Mountains. You know one of those kinds of restaurants with an over hang on the front of the small building where if it's raining the passengers don't get wet when you drop them off to go inside and at the counter in front while the Dad pays the bill the children can look at and buy rock samples to take home and keep in their rooms. I just present the deals, I don't judge whether they should be done or not.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment