adbright

Monday, September 26, 2011

my heaven/for Madonna and the gang in Hollywood

my heaven/for Madonna and the gang in Hollywood



fiction
edward w pritchard

My heaven is a series of convenience store/gas stations of increasing grandeur. The seventh and final heaven, was the penultimate in the series; and was rumored to be home of God. God was said to pass out candy bars, caffeine energy drinks and other sundries for free at the seventh heaven.

I have never been to seventh heaven because of risk involved in reaching it. Each American style convenience store in heaven is connected to the next in the series of seven by ever decreasing in narrowness walkways. The walkways are the only connection between the seven heavens and must be traversed on foot if one is to proceed to the next in the series.

The first walkway is wide like a two lane Country road, solid and familiar and easily walked two abreast. I have been to the fourth heaven so far. The passage to number five is a single board, two by six, oak wood with no hand rails; and it's a very long fall to what waits below. I am eager to get to fifth heaven because of the deli which contains delicious sandwiches and I find I have a terrific appetite here in heaven and calories don't count up here. As for seventh heaven, it is said to be connected to number six by only a single strand of red silk thread, taunt but infinitely delicate.

That's where I am at, at this point. Cautious to move ahead in my search for seventh heaven but driven by my desires to move forward.  For now I am practicing yoga style balancing exercises and meditating to relieve my fears of falling.
end

for Madonna and the gang in Hollywood

No comments:

Post a Comment