adbright

Sunday, September 4, 2011

to Marianne Faithful/the Doctor is in

to Marianne Faithful/the Doctor is in

fiction
edward w pritchard

My, my my dear Marianne: you certainly do have a long history of incidents. So many changes, stops, starts and ups and downs. We do enjoy your music. Creative genius and all. but, your file is simply overflowing. 1960's, seventies, this guy and that; Mick, people jumping out of windows, you homeless. It's exhausting just to read about.

Well let's get down to the analysis. What? It's required. You can't get your medications without an intake interview with a staff psychiatrist. Did I mention I enjoy your music very much.

Where to start . Let's begin with your genealogy. That seems a consistent theme. When your behavior is bad you tend to retreat into an obsession [ if I may] with the Wiemar era, and it's music and art. Another actress aspiring to play Pirate Jenny. Do you suppose my dear that the Wiemar era is some sort of metaphor for your mental state. At least the mental state you seem to get into before you start the descent into trouble and chaotic behavior. Yes, I had heard you had played the devil; did I mention I liked your "working class hero" cover. But to be honest I liked your "As Tears Go By' in 1965 so much better. You were beautiful, so innocent, so ladylike. What? Well people tend to change but how do you know that wasn't the real you in 1965. An artist can be different things to different people. I am sure women are judged by a harsher standard than a man at such times but is that relevant here?

No, that will be all. I have enough information to complete an initial file. No, I don't need to hear what you have done lately. Just consider me a fan of your early music.

end

No comments:

Post a Comment