adbright

Sunday, September 4, 2011

to Marianne Faithful/part 2

to Marianne Faithful/part 2

fiction
edward w pritchard

see also Lotte Lenya and Friday Nights, March 11, 2011
and Lotte Lenya gives advice tommorrow's blog, 09/05/2011

My dear, it's me again continuing our epistolary relationship. I have known a lot of Maryanne's in this life of mine but you, my dear, a replacement for Lotte Lenya? Possibly; it's an interesting idea.

Your Pirate Jenny does have such an edge, as does your "Mack the Knife". As for "Sister Morphine," magnifique, my dear.

You were so so innocent at eighteen, but ambitious I am sure. Ambition, a fatal flaw. We will skip over all those relationships with others and how you got here. A mature woman, an admirer of Bertold Brecht to boot, surely an interesting idea.

Still, that innocence, that lady like quality, though a facade is only natural to admire, at least for me. Let one think this through. A complete woman, with complications and dents? I don't know.  I need to check back with Lotte Lenya too, in fairness.

I do like your music through. For now let's just say au revoir mon ami.

No comments:

Post a Comment