adbright

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

just a dreamer looking for the romantic side of life

just a dreamer looking for the romantic side of life

fiction
Edward w Pritchard


When I go to see Romeo and Juliet performed I don't want to see Juliet break character before, during or after the performance.

When I am introduced to some ones new baby I don't want to hear a cynic tell me that the beautiful child will soon be old, bent and gray.

When I see a bride at a wedding throw a bouquet enthusiastically over her shoulder I don't want to be reminded that there is a 50% chance one of the couple will fly the nest.

When I watch a son skillfully kick and dribble the soccer ball from foot to foot I want to pretend he will make the pro's someday and buy his family a mansion on a hill with his signing bonus.

If I fail in my paternal duties as the guardian of community morality and upholder of the common good now a days, forgive me. Life has become too real for me.

I wish children to be always unique, brides always enthusiastic, boys always budding superstars and the world to be really a stage where all the lines are delivered genuinely and timely by beautiful characters.

I am just a dreamer looking for the romantic side of life. Let mornings be breezy, afternoons be filled with warm gentle rains and evening skies be pregnant with swirling galaxies, winking stars, lonely planets and sorrowful Moons.

Don't break character, things look so much better when we stick to the script.

No comments:

Post a Comment