adbright

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

roger ebert; "celluloid heroes never feel any pain"

roger ebert; "celluloid heroes never feel any pain"

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

with reference to the "Kinks" "Every body's a star", "Sunny Afternoon"


See you in the movies said Roger Ebert although he never met me.

Judge me well Roger I only wanted to be a contender in life. Short on execution but long on hope; hope and dreams were my goals, plans and objectives.

It's a Kink's kind of day today. No sunshine, no dreams and the world collapsed in on itself.

A good day to share popcorn, a good day to sit with a girl with beautiful eyes. A good day to meet a movie star.  "Celluloid heroes never feel any pain". A good day to sit indoors at a movie on a sunny afternoon.

"Every body's a dreamer, every body's in pictures no matter who you are."

Let me live on the big screen instead of the window of my mini laptop computer.

Movies are timeless. Back thousands of years I can relive a hundred successful lives.

To the movies, "lazing on a sunny afternoon". I should have been a star. "Celluloid heroes never feel any pain".

Give my life four thumbs up Roger. An authentic performance, but short on execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment