adbright

Friday, July 11, 2014

it's never too late to get with the program

it's never too late to get with the program

fiction
Edward w Pritchard



It's ridiculous, true, but I figure it's never to late to get with the program. Me a  sixty two year old man about to find and wear a tie dyed jacket.

In protest against the world's sorry condition this week I am going to search the charity thrift stores for a tie dyed jacket for myself to wear as a silent protest against the impending wars and violence breaking out throughout the world.

On top of that thousands of children are storming the border between Mexico and Texas. I honestly don't know how to react to that. Is it like the barbarians in 406AD crossing the frozen Rhine, harbingering of the fall of the Roman empire? Or is it a ploy cooked up by the parties in power here in America to take our mind off a sea of other troubles in our Country?..

Me I am going to put on a tie dyed jacket and return to the confidence and optimism of youth in the 1960's. Like another tie dyed wearing hippy said, " I remember days when it was raining daisies." [1]

1- John Sebastian- " she's a lady"

No comments:

Post a Comment