adbright

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

to be in India during the monsoons

to be in India during the monsoons

fiction
edward w Pritchard






To be in India during the Summer monsoons would be nice. With an umbrella yes but still standing under a tin awning listening to the patter of a driving rain soak the city.

I could watch you drive by on your bike wearing a leather rain hat with your jet black hair sticking out around the edges. Water would jump up from the street to soak your tiny shoes and feet.

If you would pull into the building I was waiting under I would speak to you in your own language and invite you for curry rice and tea.

Later I would ask you about your studies at the University, your plans to travel in Europe and inquire if your Mother was feeling better. If I caught a cold and you unexpectedly sent me home some soup I wouldn't tell you I added hot sauce for extra flavor. 

Monsoon season ends suddenly and friendships can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment