adbright

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

us on a diet

us on a diet

fiction
Edward w Pritchard


Time to time we all find ourselves facing the need to diet.

Dieting means everyone has advice for you on your poor eating habits and the proper mix of foods to easily lose the pounds. When it comes to you losing weight everyone is an expert and everyone has perfect willpower and enviable habits of restraint.

Since I need to lose weight to improve my heart's function I have been reading " Prevent and reverse Heart disease" by Dr. Caldwell Ellelstyn. His recommended diet for me? No meat, no cheese or dairy, no nuts, no eggs, no oils, including no olive oil and limit the fruit, fruit has too much sugar. The good news- raw vegetables are pretty much unlimited, except avocados which happens to be my favorite now days because of marketing efforts by the avocado marketing lobbyists. This diet is stricter than my daughter's vegan diet that I couldn't follow because of my weak will.

What's the best diet? Well for me it involves as few thou shall not's as possible and instead preaches moderation. I can eat most anything I want but I watch the calories carefully and have just a little bit infrequently of fatty foods, fried foods and try to never be too full. Oh yeah, limit severely beer intake. That's a tough one.

To date I have lost fifteen pounds since my heart problems induced by playing racquetball at too advanced of an age when I needed to lose thirty pounds. Yes,- I still need to lose fifteen more pounds, which I plan to do by eating moderately, watching the calories and being grateful just to be alive for a few more years.

Motivation to lose weight? Sometimes motivation is thrust upon us.

Here's to us on a diet. - - - Pass the carrot sticks.- - - Life is a party you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment