adbright

Thursday, July 10, 2014

"one morning I woke up and I knew it all"

"one morning I woke up and I knew it all"

fiction
Edward w Pritchard


"Rejoice, rejoice we have no choice but to carry on."

So sings Crosby, Stills,Nash and Young on the Deja Vu album.

The world is very full of strife, violence, fighting, posturing and dirty deeds this morning. Little Wars in so many places. The usual places but threatening to spread everywhere. Ambitious people are very busy expanding their will to power over others.

Worse our elected leaders are doing an especially bad job lately. They have no credibility at all.

"One morning I woke up and I knew it all." ---Can we teach wisdom?

Eventually one is tempted to turn off the news, take the eyes from the stock ticker and head out into the pasture to tend to the horses and rake manure and shovel it in a wheelbarrow to dump on the flowers and plants to nurture new growth.

Ah life. What does it mean? and does it signify anything? Sometimes it is so absurd to fret over the eternal suffering of the folly of mankind. Better to talk with the horses here on the suburban ranch.

Hopefully no children will be hurt by bombs and rockets fired around the world today. Other than that I mind to my own affairs.

'Nothing is new under the Sun sayeth the Preacher'; and '"I feel like I have been here before"'.
end

" Carry on" by Steven Stills, in " "
'Nothing is new under the sun' from Ecclesiastes in my dusty bible. in ' '
"'Deja vu"' by David Crosby, in '" '"

No comments:

Post a Comment