adbright

Thursday, July 17, 2014

too drunk to tell the Quinllen twins apart, the role of luck in life

too drunk to tell the Quinllen twins apart, the role of luck in life

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

for his honor, that's Joe to me:


As a young man in Minnesota I was often too drunk to tune a carburetor, too drunk to ice fish or too drunk to hunt elk or coyote. Never though would I have imagined I would be too drunk to tell one beautiful woman from another.

Until I dated one of the Quinllen girls that is. The Quinllen girls were identical twins, very pretty, hands on their hips nicely built to be with, and as I knew, easy. At least I knew and could testify if I wanted to in fact knew that Donna  Quinllen was easy and a came on fast on a first date type woman to know.

Another thing I knew, even though I was stumbling around drunk at Barry Rogers after tournament victory party was the Quinllen girls had a strict code of dating etiquette.  One never messed with or encouraged the other's men.

Donna Quinllen and her blond sister Hanna were dressed identically and had just arrived at Barry Roger's party. I had been at the party too long already and had drank five or six beers on an empty stomach. We were talking about going hunting up in the mountains later this month when I saw the Quinllen girls dressed in identical pink shirts with no midriff coverage and very tight white short shorts walking side by side towards me. They were too far away for me to use my sense of smell to identify, neither said a word so I couldn't reply on voice recognition and both walked in a distracting but deceiving way. Also being half drunk my other senses were lacking at the critical moment.

I had about two seconds before I would make either a classic dating faux pas or have my arms around the willing lady I loved for the rest of a long delightful evening.

As I said I am a Minnesota man and a hunter at that. Rather than reply on simply luck to decide which of the intriguing Quinllen twins to choose I gave a huge smile, took a large step forward, and using my left foot to trip my right sprawled on the floor in front of both of them.

As I hunter I was curious; would the girl who knew me be the first to react and help me up or would her sister. Sometimes luck will determine one's immediate fate and sometimes with a little fast thinking we can help luck along.

How did I fare with the Quinllen twins back a long time ago in Minnesota? Mustn't talk or brag about success in hunting, fishing or other such conquest tales. I am a Minnesota man; we have a certain code we follow you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment