adbright

Thursday, April 11, 2019

a few hours in jail

a few hours in jail

fiction
edward w pritchard

Once I spent a few hours in jail. Eventually I got out of jail and out of trouble and went on with my life.

Tonight I have spent a few hours rereading parts of Jack Kerouac's"on the road". I have just closed the book that I once enjoyed reading and feel now like I did that time 50 years ago when I was walking out of that small town jail after a night of carousing about the countryside. That night when I got out of jail I decided that it was time to get some adult type habits and goals.

"On the road" by Kerouac is enjoyable to read once for the joy to be unattached, goal-less and solipsistic. Not great literature or important but enjoyable once for a while never the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment