adbright

Monday, April 8, 2019

just a few words

just a few words

fiction
edward w pritchard

Just a few words. One of my relatives became more revealed to me when I heard just a few words.

My cousin who I don't see nearly often enough told me recently that his Father my Uncle who sometimes helped guide and direct me as a boy had once done something extraordinary that I didn't know.

My uncle it was revealed to me was once as soldier and had hit the beaches at Normandy.

My Uncle now long gone had once been a soldier for our Country and all the years and all these times I had remembered him had once done something extraordinary in his youth.

As a boy at family gatherings and parties I remember my Father once a soldier and his Brother in law
my uncle who hit the beach at Normandy talking and never once did I hear either talk of soldiering.

No comments:

Post a Comment