adbright

Friday, April 5, 2019

each little group

each little group

fiction
edward w pritchard

the couple in the seats in front of me were getting married in about a week
he was a fireman and her an eye Doctor
they left the theater just as the house lights went on
scooting down the row avoiding the feet
the curtain fell down mechanically with little bumps and grinds
I slumped in my seats and waited
as each little group left the Theater
just before the big auditorium emptied completely
one unsupervised little boy ran to the front
and pretended he was going to jump on the stage
eventually his Mother corralled him and they were the last to leave
except me slumped in my seat watching
until the janitor guy smiled as he lifted up all the folding seats
preparing to sweep the hall I suppose
arising
I thought
god
is the name we call all the little processes
that make up everything





No comments:

Post a Comment