adbright

Monday, May 23, 2011

adjunct economics professor

adjunct economics professor

fiction
edward w pritchard

These students don't know their economics. Certainty not capitalism or Marx or Revisionist theories.

I need to get out of this Provincial cesspool of a town. I must travel. At my house the carpets are old and worn but I have visited the great centers of civilization: Istanbul, Copenhagen, Morocco, the Vatican Library.

All my students care about is their petty careers. They don't want to hear anything that's not practical. They are like old men already. Hoarding, saving, "what's the interest rate? What's the return on assets on that deal Professor? They never want to learn for curiosity. No joie de vivre

How did I end up here. All the faculty cares about are their town houses on University row. Should I refinance my mortgage professor? Have you published lately Professor?

Now my wife wants to paint the house we are renting. That will lead to new carpets.

Maybe a trip to the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul this Spring break to look at fine rugs . What's that? " No I don't know what the Market will do this Summer."

No comments:

Post a Comment