adbright

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Somewhere in Ohio, Memorial Day May 2011

Somewhere in Ohio, Memorial Day May 2011

fiction
edward w pritchard

Somewhere in Ohio, Memorial Day May 2011 the world has graciously decided to leave me in complete peace.

Not a soul interferes. Absolute peace reigns here. No one calls, no one visits.

My specious neighbors at present time are deathly silent, no lawn mowers jingle , no power saws bark. No children play or sing. At the nearby bar its too early for me to sit on my porch alone and overhear acoustical conversations 200 yards away between strangers over cigarettes.

Holiday weekend. No bills arrive, no pending future intrudes. No interest accrues for me.

Absolute peace reigns here. Thousands have sacrificed so that I may sit here alone in peace and I don't appreciate it.

Some go to war for glory, some for opportunity, some for economic necessity, some for adventure invade far off places; maybe a few chased away by ennui.

No comments:

Post a Comment