adbright

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ghost in my bedroom

ghost in my bedroom

fiction
edward w pritchard

The ghost in my bedroom was pesky and never listened to me when I yelled at it. Like modern school children the ghost wouldn't listen unless you raised your voice; if you asked them to do what they didn't want to before long you found yourself shouting.

The ghost was calmly stripping the tape from the indentation in the wall in my bedroom. The tape had been there for a long time and was heavily layered yellowed and wrinkled in an unattractive way. It covered a small recess where a window might have been once, but now layer after layer of thick masking tape hid the recess in the wall.

I stood in the doorway and tried to reason with the ghost; to no avail, Soon I was shouting as I watched the ghost remove the covering. I was fascinated to see what was masked by the tape.

After the ghost was finished I walked over to examine the recess in the wall in my bedroom. It was dusty but if I cleaned it up it might make a nice trophy case. After I put a little furniture polish on the old boards I had a fine trophy case in my bedroom to use as I saw fit.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment