adbright

Sunday, May 22, 2011

publishing the newspaper in hell

publishing the newspaper in hell

fiction
edward w pritchard

As soon as I died I started publishing the newspaper in Hell. Not a job it's more of a calling. I have fit in easily and each day I find and write articles for the denizens of the underworld down here. It's a real place and my duties are real and meaningful and fill my hours with purposeful activity.

No one reads what I write. There is the normal business pressure to create readership and ad revenue and it's stressful at times. We come here to be punished for our sins and mine must not have been too bad on the scale of things. Not such a bad afterlife finding and writing articles that no one reads. No fiction down here just well researched factual material. Better than manual labor, let your mind wander and then jot down what suits your fancy.

I keep hoping that soon some of my acquaintances will come down to join me and my readership will increase, That would be meaningful. Meanwhile we write on, doing our duty, sticking with our calling, publishing the newspaper in hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment