adbright

Monday, May 16, 2011

Waiting to date Debbie

Waiting to date Debbie


Fiction
edward w pritchard

I had been waiting for close to two years to get a chance to go on a date with Debbie Johnson. When my turn came, I was going steady with Cindy Martin the most delicious girl on the West side of Cleveland. Cindy was head cheerleader, blond, beautiful and simply a delight to be with. I am a cad; I dropped Cindy Martin like a hot cake when I learned it was my turn to have a chance to go on a date or two with Debbie Johnson. 

Debbie Johnson was not pretty, or well built and had a reputation of breaking up with a guy after a few dates; yet the handsomest and most desirable athletes around Cleveland, like myself,  waited anxiously for years to get a date with Debbie. Her secret? Debbie's Dad had a 1953 Red and black EMW, made in Eisenach  Germany. Whoever was dating Debbie Johnson was permitted by her Father to drive the EMW on their date.

What a car. It was worth losing Cindy Martin for a chance to drive the red and black two tone 1953 EMW made in Eisenach Germany. Debbie Johnson dumped me after two dates but those were the most memorable two dates of my life. Cindy won't return my calls and I haven't decided yet if I should wait two more years to get a chance with Debbie again, meantime I often dream of another drive in the EMW. What a car. 

Maybe there is a younger daughter in the Martin family.

No comments:

Post a Comment