adbright

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

the grim reaper visits my locality

the grim reaper visits my locality

fiction
edward w pritchard

We we at the fast food restaurant, the world's largest chain when I met the grim reaper. I tentatively asked
" Are you here for me"
He chuckles a little, but obviously just wanting me to leave him alone.
"No, he said, you won't do the asking when I come for you"

He was just here to order himself some food. Safe from the ravishes of death for now I became judgmental of the grim reaper. He was ordering a vast quantity of fast food and he was very obese. He was very tall, maybe six feet four and he must weigh three hundred fifty pounds. Rather than the typical black cloak he wore in paintings my grim reaper wore a magnificent white Muslim style one piece sherwani. He cut an imposing figure but I was appalled by the amount of food he piled his tray with. There were four or five double super sandwiches and the usual add ons.

The grim reaper sat alone and ate his lunch. I watched him pull out a small cell phone type device and I surmised he was using his GPS system to locate his next assignment.

I looked away for a moment and the grim reaper was leaving. I watched him walk away. From the back he looked quite dashing as he purposely marched off to his next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment