adbright

Monday, January 2, 2012

brief lunch meeting with a celebrity friend long disassocciated

brief lunch meeting with a celebrity friend long disassociated

fiction
edward w pritchard

It's embarrassing to repeat just how long it took me to type the letter to Mr. xx confirming our lunch date of January the eighth of 2012. Not that I had trouble thinking up how to compose the letter but that I couldn't get the type writer to work properly. Margins and spacing are a mystery to me, my computer couldn't be used because I have no printer that works and a handwritten letter was deemed to informal to reply to a famous celebrity; even one once a friend. At length however, measured in days the letter was mailed, personally through the US post office and a confirmation was received by phone from Penny a local representative of my famous acquaintance.

The day before my lunch with my celebrity friend I watched several clips of him on you tube and read about him in the national media. I was surprised at my brief lunch meeting with a celebrity friend long disassociated by my friend's shyness and timidity of manner. The persona portrayed in the news media and on National television was gone and my celebrity friend was a different person.

Several days later after a very good meal with my celebrity friend  I meant to send a thank you letter to Mr. xx but I couldn't get the energy to deal with the margins and spacing on my old type writer. Later when Penny, the local representative of my celebrity friend called I thought it better not to mention that my celebrity friend had changed over the years. In fact, I think going forward I won't have any more contact with my celebrity friend at all.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment