adbright

Sunday, January 1, 2012

clothes oft proclaim the man, but a shoe speaks softly

clothes oft proclaim the man, but a shoe speaks softly

fiction
edward w pritchard

Clothes oft proclaim the man, but a shoe speaks softly. I can't be on  my game unless I wear my Edwin Clapp two tone men's boots. A thing of beauty they are to behold. When I wear Edwin Clapp's my confidence soars and I can do no wrong.

I was wearing the brown Edwin Clapp boots the night I won $439 in one hand on a bluff at the back room at Ray's bar in July 1967. The shoes were old then, circa 1895. I got them over at the Salvation army thrift store. Now I only wear my Edwin Clapp two tone brown boots for special occasions. Maybe someday i will be buried in my Edwin Clapp's. Meantime I shined my boots up and I am looking for another poker game.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment