adbright

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Theo and Vincent, Doctor and Theo are concerned

Theo and Vincent, Doctor and Theo are concerned

fiction
edward w pritchard

Dear Doctor;

Thank you for the recent note about my Brother Vincent. I will try to get over to Arles very soon.

I too share your concern. However, in the case about my brother's comments about his right hand I think I can explain it so you will understand what I think is Vincent's motivation in threatening to smash one of his fingers so he couldn't continue to refine and edit one of his paintings of a vase of sunflowers.

The critics call the style Vincent and others paint in impressionism. It is a derisive label but has a grain of insight about it. Vincent and others of the style of impressionism believe that the artist's first impression or glimpse of a scene or an object is the reason to paint the picture. Any further refinement or editing of the painting makes it less authentic and the essence of the original subject is lost. This I think explains my brother's recent action.

Thank you  Doctor. Please find my check for your services and accept my gratitude for your attention to the affairs of my Brother Vincent.

No comments:

Post a Comment