adbright

Thursday, January 12, 2012

vampires versus humans, how to fight if outnumbered

vampires versus humans, how to fight if outnumbered

fiction
edward w pritchard

I have been doing my vampire thing a very long time. Every night searching searching for victims. Its a chore really and sometimes I can't motivate myself to go on.

Sometimes I go down by the railroad tracks over in the industrial area where the desperate people stay. They gang up for safety and when they hear a lone intruder they get aggressive. I have a huge advantage over humans at night, even three or four but they don't know it yet. Very soon some of them will remember though.

They usually fling a heavy metal bar of some sort at me, first thing, in the dark. Humans have fought that way against me for many centuries and it never works for I can see perfectly in the dark and I move very fast.
I just pick up the iron bar and use it against them. Once they realize what I am they never stick together. It's instinctual for them to run and charge when they confront one of us and that's why they always lose.

I love the first few seconds of the fight. I can see their faces in the dark and they are fierce and confident in their groups and they fight instinctively as a pack and its beautiful to behold. First one of them throws the iron bar at me. Then they charge in the dark. For a minute its exciting to me as they fan out and try to surround and flank me standing tall and running at me with abandon. They are a pack, it's very ancient and challenging for me and I always get a rush. Three or four humans against one vampire. Then I have to get ferocious and it's over quickly as they flee and scatter and then just a bloody mess.

I have a lot of trouble sleeping all day after. Troubling dreams and fretful tossing and turning. Then comes the musings about my past. Just before dark I begin to stir and always get myself up and get to the going looking for human victims again and again.  Me vampirie.

No comments:

Post a Comment