adbright

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dreaming things are out of control; ten thousand nights without decent brakes/ repost and edit

Dreaming things are out of control; ten thousand nights without decent brakes/ repost and edit


fiction
edward w pritchard
 
[In my dreams:]

Ten thousand nights, driving a truck without decent brakes.

Come sit next to me in the truck.

I always drive in my dreams,
careening around corners and down steep hills,
past all the places I used to be.

Speeding very fast through narrow streets and passage ways;
somehow each night the brakes miraculously manage to work,
no pedestrians get hit and we stop just in time.

Still it's nerve wracking, out of control with badly worn brakes,
driving a plunging truck downhill.

That's the point of my dream I guess.

One day, when I am awake I will take control.

I will go find that truck of my dreams and fix those brakes.

Thereafter I will manage the breaks in my life.

For now  though, please sit close to me in my dreams;
it's so much better when you are near.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment