adbright

Monday, September 30, 2013

a letter to muscle and fitness

repost with edits

a complete and productive workout

fiction
edward w Pritchard

Dear Editor
Muscle and Fitness magazine:

I forgave my husband of sixteen years for getting involved with the lady assistant principal at the school where he taught. I admit I was surprised by the type of woman he choose to replace me with. He had told me for years and years he preferred a demur lady, which I always was. His new friend was tall and broad and assertive and rather loud.

After my divorce for two years I went to the gym and read "Fitness and Prayer" health magazine and followed the advice in the articles on how to build my muscles and body in a Christian friendly way. For me however, my results were not what I wanted and certainly not up to the typical results achieved by other readers of "Fitness and Prayer" magazine.

In desperation and wishing a change I began to work around my neighbors farm with a spud bar. It's a six foot long crow bar used for prying out stumps. It weighs about 20 pounds and it gives a vigorous workout as one tries to remove stubborn stumps from the heavy soil. Over a summer I developed muscles like never before and I began to look like the female fitness models in Fitness and Prayer. Of course I continued to read "Fitness and Prayer" and to follow it's dietary recommendations and to ask God for his blessing with my health regime.

It wasn't until I began the spud bar routine that I began to make rapid progress as a bodybuilder and power lifter. Every other day, except Sunday, I would spend two or three hot and sweaty hours prying up stumps and fighting roots in the boiling sun. I would supplement my endeavor with the ladies three day weekly workout from "Fitness and Prayer" magazine. Twice per day I have a Moses power hour shake with bit of creatine. [see Maggi's diet, supplements and exercises and spud bar routine on line at "Fitness and Prayer", issue 89 September 2010] editor

I credit my success as a weight lifter to my work with a spud bar removing stumps and of course to reading " Fitness and Prayer magazine" and being as good of a Christian as I can possibly be.  / Try it

Maggi Regozzi















No comments:

Post a Comment